Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Potato and Corn Salad

1 1/2 lbs. small red potatoes
2 cups cooked corn, cut from the cob
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbs. cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbs. chopped parsley

1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until just cooked, about 15 minutes; drain; cut into halves or quarters.

2. In a large bowl, combine corn, onion, celery, and cooked potatoes. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and thyme. Shake well. Pour over salad and stir to coat well. Add parsley and stir again. Makes 8 servings.

2 comments:

AudreyO said...

This sounds delicious!! What a great salad.

Jennifer said...

This recipe is great. I found something similar in a magazine at the doctors. The nurse copied it for me & my kids loved it. In fact I loved it so much I took the recipe to my mom & dad's & it got left there. No one can find it now. I am so glad you have this on your site