Friday, September 12, 2008

Peanut Butter Corn Flake Balls

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 jar (180z) peanut butter~ crunchy or smooth
6 cups corn flakes
3 oz good quality chocolate

Preparation:

Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Place over medium high heat and stir until the mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat and stir in the whole jar of Peanut Butter...Mix well. Add corn flakes to a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over corn flakes and mix well to coat all the flakes. With a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop out and form into 1-2 in balls, depending on your preference, and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.

Put the chocolate in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie. Let cool and don't hurt yourselves eating these...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, I'm new to your blog. I saw that it was titled PB&J or else, so I had to visit. I'm addicted to peanut butter and I think I should try this recipe out. Thanks for letting me peak. I found you through Darlene's Days

Unknown said...

howdy ho!! So, I tried to recreate a dessert that I had years ago and of course I added peanut butter. I have no measurements, just the ingredients, but it turned out really well and it's really simple. Melt chocolate in double boiler. Once melted add peanut butter and mix. Then pour in a box of rice chex. Mix it all up and coat all pieces. Put in a bowl and top with powder sugar. Once it's all mixed each piece will be coated. Then it needs to sit for about 5 minutes for the chocolate to set. In fact, I think I'll put it up on my blog in the next day or two. I already put up my favorite split pea soup recipe today. Thanks for stopping by again. Take care.
JuJu

Michelle said...

JuJU...for some reason I can't get to your blog??? I've tried a couple of times. Let me know if you get this message.