Saturday, January 26, 2008

Nana's Cheese Cookies

1/2 lb. butter, softened
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp. sugar
2 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 lb. sharp cheese, grated
1 tsp. salt
Red Pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cream butter and cheese. Add other ingredients except Rice Krispies and pecans.
Mix thoroughly and add pecans and Rice Krispies.
Make into balls. Press in the palm of your hand until very thin.
Bake at 350 degrees until brown, about 15 minutes.

For me it doesn't get any better than this.This is Nana's (my mother-in-law) recipe and they are sinful and my weakness! I swear I think she wants to kill me when she makes them. They are my favorite!! Love you Mrs. Carolyn...

Tip: She makes this "her own" by adding extra cheese, pecans and Rice Krispies. This is a tough one for me so I leave them to Nana. Why bother when she does them so well. Good Luck!



No comments: