Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cornbread Cake with Honey Glaze

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal, divided
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle bottom and sides of pan with 2 tablespoons cornmeal; set aside.

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.

In a small bowl, combine 1 cup cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Pour into prepared pan, and bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting. Drizzle with Honey Glaze, if desired.

Honey Glaze:

1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons milk

combine all ingredients and stir until smooth.

Cornbread is good enough alone but with this glaze....well you just try it for yourself.

4 comments:

ShellyH said...

YUMMY! This sounds delicous! I am enjoying reading your blog!

Michelle said...

Thanks Shelly...I made this the other day and it was good...but you can do just any cornbread and put the glaze over it...it's just as good.

Mrs. Em said...

Yes!!! I stopped by after my daily visit to Hope's blog. I'm sooo excited to see recipes!!! I love them.

I'll be coming back for more!

Michelle said...

Thanks M.l.e....I plan on updating tonight so please come back...

These are just some of my favorites...nothing fancy!