Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Potato Soup

1 (30-ounce) bag frozen hashbrowns
3 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (10.75- ounce) can crean of chicken soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

If desired garnish with any of the following are all: minced green onion, ham, bacon, cheese

In a 6 quart Crock Pot, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion, and pepper. Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours. Stir in cream cheese; and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until combined. Garnish if desired.

This can also be done on stove top.

I love this potato soup. It taste just like resturant style.

7 comments:

andria said...

I am making this tonight even though its 80 outside. I have all the things I need on hand. Thanks!

Michelle said...

Hope you like it...Thanks for stopping by!

Leah's Kitchen said...

I LOVE potato soup! This is definitely going on my "to try" list, along with your Peach Enchiladas. They both sound scrumptious! =)

~ Leah

Michelle said...

Thanks Leah...you just can't go wrong with potato's and peaches!

andria said...

Where do I find the peach enchiladas?

This soup was awesome! I halved the recipe and threw it in the crock pot on high for two hours (forgot to start it earlier) and it was great.

The best part is that by halving everything, I have enough to make it again very soon.

I have a lot of potato soup recipes and I love them all, but this one was definitely the easiest and it was quite tasty..

Michelle said...

Andria, it's under January's post...If you can't get fresh peaches, can ones will do..just put them on a paper towel first to get a little moisture out...

Let me know if you have any problems..

Glad you liked the soup!

Miss Hope said...

The soup rocks! Made it my own self. Took Chelle's advice and had toppings on the side. Tiny cubed browned ham (from the deli), crispy cooked bacon, and shredded cheese. Even had a kid or two like it.